Located in an historic neighborhood, just one block from Grant Park (Atlanta's oldest city park), this completely charming traditional American Farmhouse still shines with much of its original 1904 beauty.
I love the respect for history reflected in this home—a home whose owners have taken loving care of the original features for over 100 years, including cast iron sinks, pinewood floors, wavy glass windows, and plantation shutters. And the kitchen. I could write an ode to this kitchen for its spaciousness and beauty and a window seat to boot. So much vintage charm packed into one room. I was also quite taken with the toile wallpaper used throughout the house, though I'm interested to see what all of you think of it. Too much? Just right? Not enough? Probably not the last choice. There's definitely more than enough toile. But in the context of this home, I think it's working and I would love to see it contrasted against a new owner's furniture and decor. So much potential and so much history in an ideal location. An exciting prospect for Atlanta home buyers, indeed.
- 395 Sydney Street SE, Atlanta, GA 30312
- 4 beds • 2 baths • 2,079 sq ft • Lot size 5,227 sq ft
- Located one block from Grant Park and walking distance to vibrant Memorial corridor.
- Property website
Things We Love About This Property Crush:
- Traditional (well-preserved) American Farmhouse built in 1904.
- So many gorgeous vintage details! Pine hardwood floors, original wavy glass windows/mullions and plantation shutters, original cast iron sink/drainboard, built-in banquet, window seats, original woodwork, and 3 original fireplaces.
- Beautiful and spacious kitchen that's perfect for cooking and entertaining.
- Full bathroom has elegant original cast iron sink and clawfoot tub.
- Large backyard with deck and BBQ area.
- Cozy front porch with added privacy from greenery.
- Lovely toile wallpaper throughout (that will either be a huge plus or huge minus depending on your stance on toile wallpaper).
- Large, sunny bedrooms with original fireplaces.
- Located in great school district, one block from Grant Park, walking distance to coffee shops and dining.
Are you on the house hunt, or just the type of person who loves browsing real estate listings, even when you're not in the market for a new home? Property Crush is a column where we feature actual real estate listings that get the Apartment Therapy seal of approval in regards to style (we haven't done home inspections or anything, so don't sue us). If you see a listing you think we'd like, email our tip line at email@example.com.