1) Going vertical :: Using your walls will draw the eye up and allow a space to feel bigger. We love this art gallery that extends the vertical space.
2) Paint an accent wall :: consider painting just one wall to add depth and dimension. Try using a cool cooler so the space feels like it's receding. (likewise warmer coolers close in a space - better for big rooms.) The crisp green in this space works.
3) Floating shelves :: any type of floating decor or furniture makes a small space appear bigger since your eye can continue to the wall.
4) Mirrors :: Whether they are big or small, mirrors are the best small space solution and make small spaces double in size. We like the small circular mirror on the floating shelf - a small accent that creates the illusion of space.
Look around your own space and see what small space solutions you've created in your home. Share your fave tips with us below. And share your favorite home photos with us! Upload your pictures to the Apartment Therapy LA Flickr pool right here.
Check out more small space solutions from Apartment Therapy:
- Most Inspiring Small Space Solutions
- Small Space Solution: Use Curtains to Divide
- 8 Best Small Space Shelving Solutions
(Image from kristenhillery/ATLA Flickr pool)