No matter how well you plan, it's best to expect the unexpected. You will run out of printer ink the night before a big paper is due, and you will accidentally vacuum you cell phone charger the night before you leave for a trip. We've rounded up a list of four tech backups to have on hand for emergencies. Plus, a mini "How-To" on setting up alerts to help you get these emergency must-haves at the price you want.
You know the feeling when you reach over to the toilet paper roll and find yourself face-to-cardboard with an empty tube? Yeah, well that feeling is 10 times worse when it's your cell phone that's empty.
Just like you stock the cabinets with Charmin, stock your desk drawers with these backups:
- Cell Phone Chargers: That story about the vacuum? Yeah, it happened to us. Don't be left without an extra charger when you need one.
- Cell Phone Backup Battery Packs: You might not always be home when you run out of juice. Get a backup battery pack and rest assured knowing you'll always have a little extra charge when you need it.
- Memory Cards: Not necessarily an emergency, but always nice to have. An extra memory card can let you snap away on vacation, without spending half your time in the hotel room editing down shots.
- Ink Cartridges: If you've got a printer at home, you can never have too many. It's best to stock up while they're cheap.
Luckily, these backup goodies love to show up in the Sunday sale fliers—but that doesn't mean you have to wait for the paper. Make the sales come to you by setting up a Google Alert:
- Sign in to your Google Account. Or sign up here if you don't have one.
- At the top menu bar, select "more," then "even more."
- Click on "Alerts"
- Enter the name of the product you're searching for and include the price you want to pay. Then select how and how often you'd like to receive the alerts!
(Top Image: SupplierList.com)