2. Hack your Netflix queue to upgrade your disk plan for free. We covered this recently on how to upgrade your disc plan for free using a method that is completely legal by Netflix's terms of services.
3. Useful keyboard shortcuts while watching instant on your computer:
- Space – Toggle Play/Pause
- Enter – Toggle Play/Pause
- PgUp – Play
- PgDn – Pause
- F – Full-screen
- Esc – Exit full-screen
- Shift+Left arrow – Rewind
- Shift+Right arrow – Fast Forward
In full-screen mode:
- Ctrl+Shift+Alt+M – Menu<
- Ctrl+Shift+Alt+C – Codes; frame rate plus other info
- Ctrl+Shift+Alt+D – Display A/V Stats on-screen
- Ctrl+Shift+Alt+L - Logging window
- Ctrl+Shift+Alt+P – Player Info
- Ctrl+Shift+Alt+S – Stream bit rate and manual rate selection
- While watching a show or movie, hit the up arrow twice on the remote. A TiVo-like channel banner will be displayed. This banner displays a thumbnail of the show, description and rating.
- Clicking the remote's down arrow displays a progress bar with hash marks added in. It breaks up the program into twenty sections of equal length. For a regular US TV show, it results in a skip of two minutes and a few seconds. For a two hour movie, it's a six minute skip. By hitting the left or right arrows on the remote, one can jump between the increments. Very convenient as a quick way to get to your favorite scene.
- Holding down the "Menu" button on the remote exits from any portion of the Netflix player and returns to the top ATV menu.