1. Sort Before You Go: Sorting your laundry into their respective loads will not only save you from making a mess at the laundromat, it will also give you an idea of how many loads of the same type you have. That way you know when you walk in the door if you can use that big triple loader or not!
2. Ditch Products You Don't Need: Carrying your clothes is tricky enough, don't bother with extra products that will only take up space. If you can cut out fabric softener, do it. If you are ok filling a glass canning jar with bleach for the one load you need it for, don't take the whole bottle. Our preferred method is to use a soap that doesn't require either! Easy peasy!
3. Just Do It All: Although dragging your laundry several blocks away is no easy task (especially if you take mass transit), the time you spend at the laundromat will be the same no matter how many clothes you are washing. So make sure to throw in that crusty blanket your dog sleeps in from the couch or the comforter from your bed, it won't take any extra time if you just do it all!
4. Pack a Plastic Bag: If you're going home with wet clothes to hang up upon your return, make sure to take a plastic bag of some sort so your wet clothes don't touch your dry ones. It will keep things in the smallest space possible, but not have you line drying more than you need to.
5. Double Check Your Laundromat Accessories: Do you have cash or quarters? Check. Is your favorite electronic device charged? Check. Where did you leave that book or your kindle? Round it all up and have it tucked away out of sight, so while you're loading things into washers, it's not sitting in plain view for all to see before you get a chance to use it.
What tips for laundromat users can you add to this list with? Leave your thoughts in the comments below!