If you're looking for speakers that sound great, don't take up a ton of space AND harken back to a simpler time, we've found five great new alternatives. The best part? They're all bluetooth compatible.
Here are five options for small spaces in need of beautiful audio:
1. Flatiron Vintage Speaker ($149): Restoration Hardware really rocks it with this one. It's only 10 1/2 inches high, so it would look great on a bookshelf, desk or even on top of the fridge. Small enough to hide, but big enough to make a statement.
2. Tivoli Model One with Bluetooth ($198): Listening to the radio is delightful, but pair a speaker with your smartphone via Bluetooth and it's a party. This powerful little speaker has a classic look and is perfect for a nightstand or a small shelf in the living room.
3. Marshall Stanmore Bluetooth Speaker ($399): Marshall and music just go together. This particular design is compact but powerful, and will make any room sound better.
4. iLive Wireless Speaker and Radio ($32.99): This simple and affordable speaker is probably not best for audio snobs, but will do the trick in most homes.
5. Vers2Q Bluetooth Bamboo Speaker ($199.90): Perfect for the Mid-Century Modern home, this speaker has beautiful rounded bamboo wood corners, which harken back to the days of handmade furniture.
(Image credits: Sites listed above; Apple)