Sometimes I think I love decorating for a party even more than the actual party itself. What I don't love: spending a ton of money on something I'll only use once. Here are some creative ideas for making your party unique without breaking the bank. Sure, many of these are from weddings… but it doesn't mean you can't appropriate them for your next summer shindig.
1. Glass bottles hanging from twine or filled with summer flowers...so pretty and simple. From Eat Drink Chic.
2. Give those old beer bottles a second life by covering them with multicolored yarn. Start by attaching the yarn with a little bit of hot glue; when the bottle is sufficiently covered, tuck the end of the yarn in. From Wedding Chicks.
3. So colorful — all you need are balloons and a ladder. From Plenty of Color.
4. Candles in a pool is so very summer. From Ruffled Blog.
5. Gold letter balloons are just the right combo of glamour and kitsch. From Tell You Today. (Warning: some content on this page is NSFW.) 40" letter balloons, from $6.49 on Amazon.
All via Chloé Douglas on Pinterest. Maybe you should follow her.
(Images: as credited above)