There is an amazing looking luxury hotel in Italy, on the island of Capri, called J.K. Place. Aside from the unbelievable views and dreamy decor, it has some of the most clear and beautiful colors used on the walls that we've seen. All of them are paired...
.... with a bright white trim which sets off these saturated colors really well.
Shown above, left to right:
1. A pale pearl grey looks so soft against the white trim, very pretty and calming without being boring.
2. We love this shade of blue, it's dark and dramatic, but not depressing in the least.
3. A gorgeous golden yellow with just enough of an "natural" feel to make it interesting - we like it in combination with the texture of the wall covering.
4. Robins egg done right - it looks fantastic paired with the rusty orange drapery and pillow fabric.
5. Lavender is a tough color to pull off but this chalky version feels sophisticated, especially with the black accents such as the lamp and frame.
For more info (and more beautiful photos) of J.K. Place, visit their website.
Images: J.K. Place