Don't you love how extra rested and revived you feel after vacationing in nice hotels and bed and breakfasts? More time to relax isn't the only reason for the restfulness; gorgeous and comfortable design plays a big part, too. Hotels and Bed and Breakfasts spend a lot of time working on the feel and appearance of their guest rooms, and we bet implementing some of their design ideas into your own bedroom could help you create a restful retreat at home. More after the jump...
- Keep it simple This is a no-brainer: keep the clutter out of the bedroom. No mini-home office in one corner, no boxes of junk under the bed. If you have to store things in your room, do it as organized and concealed as possible. No one wants stacks of to-do-lists and junk staring them down while they're trying to fall asleep.
- Keep it techology-free Exceptions of course for reading lamps and alarm clocks, try to keep the TVs, laptops and cell phones out of the bedroom when possible. Make your bedroom for resting and sleeping and the relaxation will soon follow.
- Make it comfortable Even if you like modern, minimal design, try to add those elements of comfort to the room. Whether it be with extra comforters tucked away or a nice rug underfoot, bedrooms were made for lounging.
- Make it convenient Maybe a mini-bar in your bedroom is going a bit overboard, but consider making a dedicated area for drinks or snacks, and make sure you have everything in your room that you'll need to relax before you retire for the evening. Isn't it just the worse when you get all snuggled in bed only to realize you forgot your glass of water?
- Be your own turn-down service You might not always have the time, but making your bed in the morning and even including a little treat on your pillow could be the very thing that gets you excited about going to bed each night. Besides, isn't it so much better to slide into a comfortable, made bed?
What are your favorite things to implement to make your bedroom as comfortable as a hotel room or bed and breakfast? Let us know!
ATVideo of the Day