When you think about upgrading your bedroom it's easy to go straight to needing a new mattress or large pieces of furniture. Instead, check out these 5 simple upgrades that can be done in an evening on a small budget. They will tide you over until money allows for larger purchases to be made!
1. Install a Dimmer Switch: It's a simple thing but can create mood lighting without having to rely on only bedside lamps. It's a super easy process, check out how to accomplish it (even if you've never done electrical work before) from this recent post Install a Dimmer Switch in 7 Easy Steps.
2. Line Your Drawers: You might be able to put some old wrapping paper to use or possibly pick up new cedar inserts, but either way results in happy drawers for happy mornings. Although the chances of anyone else seeing this improvement are slim, sometimes you have to do things just for you.
3. Add a Carafe: Making your bedroom feel like an upscale hotel can only have positive benefits. Try adding a carafe to your bedside table. The sky is the limit with this item, so make sure you do some digging. Check out these 10 great carafes to get you thinking what will look best in your love nest.
4. Repaint a Piece: Although painting the entire room or even one wall might entail more money than you're looking to spend, try repainting a chair, night stand — or even a few frames around your artwork. It's an easy way to breathe freshness into a space while staying on a smaller scale. Head over and check out this stunning roundup of painted pieces — some serious inspiration for sure!
5. DIY a Headboard: Purchasing a headboard can be a large and expensive decision but making one is a whole new ballgame. Check out this past post for inspiration on different things you might have floating around your own home to make a headboard for free (or cheap)!
Image: Jennifer Wray for Janean & Kyle's Light and Lively Courtyard Apartment