What's black and white and fun all over? Your next home office re-design! The classic combo is sophisticated, luxurious, and professional, yet still can offer a welcoming personality. Plus, this contrasting clean slate lets your work and your gear—like a larger-than-life iMac screen—take center stage.
You'll notice that few of these are actually compact workspaces tucked into other rooms. When you're struggling to squeeze an office space into a bedroom or kitchen, it helps to keep the color scheme consistent. Black and white is a sharp neutral base that lets you have fun with textures and bright-colored accessories (some examples of black and white in other rooms throughout the house here).
- Deborah at A Merry Mishap pulls together polka dots, a fur throw and our favorite screen saver.
- A mood board in shades of gray plays off the stark contrast of everything else in this compact office, from Nina Holst at Stylizmo.
- Geometric shapes and lots of playful colorful accessories, from Casa de Valentina.
- This desk from Charlotte at A Merry Mishap uses typographic prints in our favorite color combination to make a statement.
- This closet workspace from KariAnne of Thislewood Farms combines black and white with natural brown hues.
If the black and white combination isn't your bucket of paint, and you're looking too add, not subtract color in your home office life, here are a few more workspace paint and color topics from our archives:
(Images: As linked above; Matthew's Sculptural Home Office)