The colder weather is here and baking or cooking with your kids, even the little ones, is a great way to pass an afternoon indoors. Even better is when the recipe is found or inspired by a beloved book. We rounded up a few of our favorites.
• Cupcake: The cute tale of an unwanted plain vanilla cupcake.
• How To Make an Apple Pie and See the World: This one is also very educational, teaching kids where food comes from- and it's not the grocery store!
• Bee-bim Bop!: This one is a huge hit with our toddler who loves saying the word bee-bim bop which means "mixed up rice" in Korean.
• Cookies: Bite-size Life Lessons: A great book for manners but it also has a recipe in the back.
• Blue Bowl Down: An Appalachian Rhyme: Our toddler loves the rhythmic lyrics about a mother and toddler's ritual of baking bread together.