We've all heard a thousand times that books are best for kids in places where they can be accessed with ease. But this doesn't have to mean overflowing from the bottoms of your bookshelves, or in a messy pile beside the bed. What about storing books for the kids in one of these incredible book caddies? Easy on the eye...and easy for tidy-up time!
1. Land of Nod's Walnut Open Book Bin would be a welcome piece of furniture in or out of the kids' room. $179.
2. These wonderfully designed, hand crafted book caddies from Book/Shop are $129 for natural birch ply/$149 for natural walnut ply.
3. Bigger than you'd think, and complete with a play clock, this book caddy from Tidy Books is irresistably cute and comes in three color-ways. $110.
4. For something a little different, what about this X Marks the Book Caddy, also from Land of Nod? $99.
5. Last, but not least, I agree this is exhorbitantly expensive for a kids' room at £427.50, but the Penguin Donkey 2 is a book caddy with history, so I couldn't bear to leave it out. The original Penguin Donkey was beloved by Allen Lane, the original publisher of the New Penguin paperback, and was slated for sale (and fame) in 1939, but after the Second World War broke out, only 100 were sold! The Donkey 2 is a 1960s redesign of the original, with a flat top to allow the piece to be used as a side table. Availble from Nest.
(Image credits: Land of Nod; Book/Shop; Amazon; Land of Nod; Nest)