Whether or not you can sit through another rendition of "Let It Go," you have to admit that Disney has a few inspired ideas for kids. If you are dead-set against anything as commodified as Disney, then this post is not for you. But if you find even a little magic in this ubiquitous childhood brand, then read on to see some charming ways to incorporate some favorite characters into a child's room.
Certainly, Disney decor can be loud and busy, but these 5 nurseries use a more subtle touch. Whether it's muted colors, vintage Disney goods, or a judicious use of imagery, they all turn some beloved characters and themes into great spaces for their kids.
1. Custom “It’s a Small World” Nursery. This room's focus is the beautiful geometric mural inspired by the original "It's a Small World" ride. (Disney Everyday)
2. Vintage Disney Themed Boy Nursery. Inspired by vintage Disney sports movie posters from the 1940s and the movie Dumbo, Paula used a blue and gray palette and searched far and wide for vintage pieces. A vintage Dumbo hangs from the ceiling in lieu of a mobile. (Project Nursery)
3. Colorful Disney and Toy Story Inspired Nursery. My favorite element in this room is the enormous DIY Barrel of Monkeys. Small touches here and there like the Steamboat Willie print add Disney charm without overwhelming the entire space. (The Photographer's Wife + Baby)
4. Sammy’s Disney Old School DIY Nursery. The large Mickey silhouette on the wall is actually a nightlight, with twinkle lights hidden behind to illuminate the iconic outline. A DIY mouse ears mobile and pencil sketches round out the space. (Project Nursery)
5. Winnie the Pooh Nursery. Winnie the Pooh's color palette is already more muted, so this family hand-painted a checkerboard pattern on several walls. Characters from the story appear to peek out of various boxes. (HGTV)
Have you used any Disney imagery in your child's room? How do you adapt it to your own style?
(Image credits: T-Town Tiffany; Project Nursery user puhill81; Lynn Svenson; Project Nursery user Valerie; HGTV user Karinar)