As I write this list, I realized all of these items were things found in my Christmas stocking at one point or another. But hands down, we're pretty sure you can't escape childhood without owning all 5 of these items! See if you agree and share your own top 5 after the jump!
1. Slinky: It doesn't matter how old you are, slinky will always be cool. Want extra fun? Search for Giant Slinky on You Tube and check out the super-sized versions in action. You'll instantly be 6 years old again.
2. Harmonica: It doesn't matter if your kids have the slightest inkling about music, harmonicas capture the attention of all. Save your ears and buy them a book that will teach them how to play, or hit up Grandpa for a few lessons!
3. Etch-A-Sketch: Even if you don't have a budding artist, this toy will entertain most for a solid block of time. These mini versions are perfect to toss in your purse for on the go distraction.
4. Tinker Toys: It wasn't until I was older that I realized Tinker Toys, Lincoln Logs and Legos were all sold separately. They all lived in the same toy box at my house, but on their own Tinker Toys are the start of all sorts of creativity.
5. Crayons: It didn't matter what kind you had, Crayons were a way to color an imaginary world that was just dying to get out. A giant pack of paper is always a nice addition!
What would make your top five list? Let us know in the comments below!
(Images: Land Of Nod)