dainty little nook (updated with a fresh coat of paint here) for keys and whatnot, but that was about it. As a result, our coats, bags, and umbrellas ended up slung over doorknobs or draped on the back of dining chairs. On a good day, some maybe even got into the closet... With a doorway opening up into the small boxy entryway, there was no room for a coat stand or chair, or even enough wall space clear of the door for a full rack. We ended up finding these hooks from the Container Store, which (thanks to the many little branches) actually hold a number of items. Here are a few more options for various types of small spaces...
- If you don't have space for your keys and glasses, the cubby hook by Materious doubles as a catchall, keeping everything you need to grab and go in the exact same space. Available here.
- If you have a little more available wall space than us, this sturdy coat rack offers classic functionality with an attractive visual update. See more at the Tiny Sparks Design shop.
- The branch hangers we purchased from the Container Store. We have two white ones staggered on the wall in the entryway, and so far they've been great.
- Many of you may be over the decal trend, but we like the look of this coat rack and appreciate that it doesn't take up any valuable floor space. Available here.
- This diminutive coat rack has hooks that flip out when holding items and fold back to lie flush with the wall when not in use. It's perfect for a space like ours with little room around the door, as the knob is likely to hit the wall before the door touches this thin rack.