When it comes to collecting things, you either love it or hate it. Even though we can be frustrated trying to display a collection, that doesn't mean we don't love to look at them. Here are a few from the archives that we still enjoy.
Pictured Above, Left To Right
• Good Idea: Wall Alphabet: We love the mix n' match look of this letter collection. Take your time finding letters you really love or paint, decoupage or otherwise embellish very plain letters that you can find inexpensively at craft stores.
• Look! Color Coded Collecting: Organizing a collection of small items by color is visually pleasing and can make a collection feel more like art than tchotchkes.
• Vintage Toy Collection Photo Prints: We love the idea of photographing collections. It makes moving on a little easier and gives you something to reflect upon. These shots backed with white paper and fresh, natural light make even a few small plastic toys look amazing.
• Look! A 25yr old Pez Collection: We swear by the use of over-sized apothecary jars. They hold anything and are durable, especially when it comes to kids! Keeping them in an area where they can be displayed yet contained is a great compromise.
• Help Your Kids Start A Postcard Collection: Although this image isn't one of a true collection, we'll overlook that for a moment. Post card collecting takes up very little space and are always wonderful to look back upon. We'd get far more usage out of those than we would have our High School year books!
(Image: See links above for full image credits)