iPhoneography is bigger than it's ever been. Chances are, if you're a smartphone user, you haven't touched a point-and-shoot camera in what feels like ages. It's a great move toward efficiency, but your iPhone camera needs a few smart accessories to totally replace the digital cameras of yesterday. A compact tripod is a great addition to any iPhone photographer's arsenal. You'll get steady shots, sure. But you'll also be able to finally step into group photos without your outstretched, angsty-self-portrait arm in view of the screen.
And if you go for one of these compact tripod options, you can be ready anytime — without your gear weighing you down. Because smartphone cameras are efficient, and your camera gear should be too.
• Une Bobine: This Kickstarter alumnus is actually an iPhone power cord with a rigid wire base. Shape it and prop it up anywhere to snap a quick photo. ($30, Photojojo.com)
• Glif+: Grab this 2-in-1 iPhone stand and tripod dock to mount your phone to any tripod in the world. It would be great paired up with the bottle cap tripod. ($30, Photojojo.com)
• Gorillpod Mobile: This model from Joby's extensive line of compact bendy tripods is designed to keep your iPhone in place nearly anywhere. ($39.95, Joby.com)
• Tiltpod Mobile: This keychain tripod has a pivoting ball base, so you can prop up your phone at nearly any angle. ($15, Photojojo.com)
• Twig: Another Kickstarter product, this power cord/stand/camera tripod is an all-in-one dream. ($25, pre-order here)
(Images: As credited above.)