After watching the Oscars last night, we awoke this morning inspired by cinema. Awards season always gets us feeling nostolgic and we're compelled to re-watch some of our favorite movies. Obviously the Star Wars Trilogy falls into that category, with one of our favorite characters being Darth Vader. Not sure if everyone wants to bring a Sith Lord into their home (he does bring a strong element of black into any decor), but here's a selection of alarm clocks with the Emperor's righthand man as the focus. That way, you'll never have to hear "I find your lack of
faith time disturbing".
• Darth Vader LEGO Minifigure Alarm Clock, $40.00 at Firebox: Expected to ship in March, make sure you pre-order your minifigure alarm clock. You don't even need to be the biggest star wars fan to love this little guy. Features 5 minute snooze feature by pressing head down, illuminate the clock face by pressing head down, officially licensed LEGO Star Wars Minifigure and digital clock with alarm feature.
• Darth Vader Head Clock: Unfortunately there's no word on pricing or when this will become available — but we'd really love to know. His eyes display the current time in a vibrant red. Features includes a radio, three pre-recorded Vader sound bytes. There's an auxiliary input jack for your iPod, mp3 or cd player, and can plug in or use a 9-volt battery.
• Dark Lord Tells Time: This clock isn't currently available on the Think Geek site, but were sure with a good Google or eBay search you'll be able to snag one up in no time. Features a Darth Vader figurine on time with a teeny tiny digital clock on the base to ensure you're never late. I guess they included the clock for the sole purpose of making this somewhat useable and not just another figurine?
• Darth Vader Lamp, $49.99 at Star Wars Shop: This is definitely our favorite of the bunch! The shape is really unique and extremely fun — this clock will definitely stand out from the rest of your collection. Features include LED alarm clock, audio input and speaker for mp3 playback, measures about 15 inches tall.
• Star Wars Darth Vader Projection Alarm Clock, $18.25 at HSN: This would make a great first Star Wars gift for a budding fan. Features include LED digital display and an alarm with a night light snooze button. The Star Wars clock projects time and Darth Vader onto the ceiling. You can adjust the projection position and turn off the projection feature.
"It is too late for me, son. The Emperor will show you the true nature of the Force. He is your master now."