I was sorting through my clothes the other day, putting away summer clothes and pulling out winter clothes when I stumbled across a forgotten collection of odd socks. I think the original plan was to try and find the pairs but that obviously didn't happen. So my new plan is it try some, if not all, of these creative reuses for old socks.
1. Sock Cozies: It's a truth universally accepted that drinks taste better with cozies. And with colder nights on the way I think my mugs need a few sock cosies.
2. Rice Socks: I first heard about rice socks last year when my neighbour came over with one draped around her neck and this year i'm going to make my own. You can microwave it for a minute on cold nights or put it in the freezer for hot days. I hear they are also amazing for aches and pains. You can find a rice sock how to here.
3. Pet Toys: Pet toys from old socks! You can keep it basic and fill a sock with catnip and tie it in a knot for a cat, or just braid old socks together for a dog, but they can also be more intricate, like these up-cycled 'darn socks' cat toys from marvelous melissa.
4. Sock Rocks: I love this idea for dressing up a rock. You can use them as napkin holders, paper weights or just stack them for decoration. You can see a full how to here.
5. Sock Vases: You can easily add new colour to plain vases, jugs or bowls with old socks. Who knew!?! Find the complete how to here.
(Images: 1.bloomerism 2.balkan style 3.marvelous melissa on etsy 4.family chic 5.design sponge)