This month we have focused on getting our yards, patios and decks ready for warmer weather, but that’s only half of the equation. How about enjoying the fruits of your labor by throwing an outdoor party? Even if you haven’t had time for improvements, these low cost ideas will help spruce up your space for a get together.
1. For a dreamy effect, use streamers or pieces of ribbon to create a ceiling over your space. If draping the entire patio is too labor intensive, choose a specific area to define, like the entrance or over the dining table. The streamer effect seen above was done by Marianne Caldwell of River Oaks and seen on Style Me Pretty.
2. Despite their trendiness, mason jars are a great container for repurposing. They can even be painted, like this one by Little Birdie Secrets, for an added pop of color. Or use mason jars for an evening party by setting tea lights at the bottom, or float them in water for added elegance. Embellish with ribbon or keep it simple.
3. One of the convenient aspects of an outdoor party is that the greenery is usually built in. You don’t need to go crazy with flowers, but incorporating a few bright pops of color, like these poppies, will add something special. These shown above were styled by Leslie Shewring for Decor8. She decorated the vase with washi tape. With peonies, ranunculus and so many other lovely florals in bloom it’s hard to choose just one. Take a look at The Cutting Garden for some brightly colored seasonal flower options.
4. As tempting as it is to use disposable plates, napkins and utensils, try to be green and use reusable products as much as possible (especially in the spirit of earth week this week!). This bleach-dyed cloth napkin by Liz Stanley is absolutely adorable and perfectly spring-y. Check out the tutorial at Say Yes to Hoboken.
5. The party's not complete without delicious food and beverages! Head on over to the Kitchn to find a Menu for a Spring Housewarming Party.
(Images: 1. Virgil Bunao via Style Me Pretty 2. Emmaline Bride 3. Leslie Shewring for Decor8 4. Say Yes to Hoboken 5. The Kitchn)