Want to spruce up the photographs hanging in your child's bedroom? We've rounded up five ideas for ways you can DIY a unique effect to your photos to create an unusual and interesting piece.
• Warhol-esque Pop Art: Beckie from Infarrantly Creative shows you how to create these pop art canvas portraits from a regular photo. Check out her tutorial at Kristen Duke Photography.
• Photo Wall Decals: You can take any photo and turn it into an enormous wall decal at Shutterfly. Geek Dad shows you how here. Make a few and you can change up the decor when you want to.
• Newspaper Clipping Art: With a little extra time and some news copy skills, you can create a fake newspaper article featuring your child. Cheri from I Am Momma Hear Me Roar has her tutorial here.
• Framed Photos: Adding an unusual frame (or two!) can turn regular photos into something special. See what Lisa at http://trappedinnorthjersey.blogspot.com/2011/03/art-for-kids-room.html did to spruce up pictured of her kids.
• Photos of Toys: Why not create your own photo art by taking
photographs of kids' favorite toys? We love the Lego minifigure scenes from A Lego A Day, but you could create your own with your kids' preferred toys. (You can order one of Dan's prints here.)
Have other ideas for tweaking photos for kids' rooms? Let us know in the comments.
(Images: as credited above)
MORE PHOTOGRAPHY ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Some of Our Favorite Photo Projects
• Easy DIY Art: Make Your Own Photo Wall
• Month-by-Month Baby Photo Inspiration