Instructables have been busy coming up with ways to combine your sleep spot with a little storage. All 5 are easy to do and your local hardware store can pre-cut any lumber you might need, making assembly that much smoother! Pictured Above, Left To Right
- Raised Bed with Expedit Bookshelves for Storage: This hack does away with the traditional box spring and uses a piece of plywood across a series of bookshelves instead. This would be great in a kids room, but we can also see it being used by adults, especially if extra shelves were added perpendicular across all 3 units... bonus, you don't have to crawl as far to retrieve what you need.
- Cheap Bed Substitute: This bed substitute is made from 10 banker's boxes. Even if they're not packed with papers, their double and sometimes triple wall construction makes for a great, inexpensive frame substitute. Although what's stored inside isn't super easy to access, it could be a good hiding spot for things you don't need as often.
- DIY Bed with Storage for Under $100: This bed has an extra storage shelf under the mattress, but still keeps things off the floor to make cleaning and vacuuming easier!
- King Size Storage Bed: King sized beds always seem to get the short end of the stick when it comes to creativity, but not this time. Check out the cool fold out doors that reveal all sorts of hiding space underneath. This tutorial could be resized for whatever mattress is desired!
- Cheap, Easy, Low-Waste Platform Bed Plans: Although this bed doesn't have baskets or bins built in, it leaves plenty of room for whatever method of storage you choose underneath. It's open from all sides making it easy to access, even if your bed is in a corner.
Have you seen an under-bed storage solution that isn't listed above? Let us know in the comments below!Via: Instructables Related Post: Green Your Bed Frame: Stylish and Sustainable Options (Image: Instructables)