I am not a hugely crafty person but last year I started my first hook rug (no machines, pins or needles) and it was so much easier than I thought it would be. Now I'm scoping out new ideas for repurposed, simple and hugely impressive floor mats that I can DIY to satisfy my compulsive tendencies and love till they're threadbare. 1. This colourful crochet floor rag rug is made from old sheets and t-shirts.
2. This super cute rug is made by stringing balls of felt. There's a handy how to for making the felt balls here.
3. If a crochet rug seems a bit like hard work, this latch hook rug also uses old t-shirts for a more textured rug. You can check out a basic how-to here.
4. This braided t-shirt rug requires some machine work and you can follow a quick how to here. Or if you're not super machine savvy you can check out the braided rugs by green at heart.
5. These small rugs are made from burlap or coffee bags. They just need some edging and if you're up for it, some backing.
6. This rug is made from old fabric samples and tape but you could also sew it if you wanted something more durable.
(image source:1. rose & pearls via red velvet art 2. yummi designs via kojo designs 3. craftster 4. sew liberated 5. creative babies 6. ready made)