Burlap is a humble material that when treated right can add natural, textural detail to your tabletop. And it's cheap to boot! Here are five burlap-based projects that won't take up much of your time or money.
1. This table runner by House of Earnest gives black burlap a graphic, modern look with hand sewn white crosses. (Also check out her tip for cutting the runner to size.)
2. Inexpensive, plain vases — or even tin cans — wrapped in burlap (and maybe some ribbon) make a pretty base for flower arrangements. Image by Cat Satre, via Style me Pretty.
3. Borrowing an idea from Real Living, trace around your plate, cut the burlap, and you have a very, very easy charger/placemat.
4. Love of Family and Home made napkin rings that are easily to replicate with cardboard (she used toilet paper rolls) and burlap. You can make them seasonal by adding pinecones, berries, evergreen sprigs, etc.
5. If you're more comfortable with a glue gun than a sewing machine, check out these no-sew utensil holders from I Heart Naptime.
MORE BURLAP ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• DIY Jute Table Runner
• Simply Beautiful Burlap
• How to Make Coffee Bag Planter Pots
(Images: As linked above)