We've been planning on having people over this summer to enjoy the complex's pool, eat some food, hang out, maybe play the wii and just enjoy summer time. We haven't actually made it happen yet. Something about creating complicated plans for some kind of themed party or needing the house to be clean or something. So we're scaling back and went through the archives to figure out some simple decorating ideas we could put together quickly:
1. Grab some plants from the balcony, dust them off and voila! a centerpiece!
2. Make a garland that you can reuse for different parties. It's a little more trouble but totally convenient once you have it in your decorating arsenal.
3. Add a Tablecloth! Don't spend any time fussing, just dump whatever is on the table in a corner or a closet and throw a graphic tablecloth on top. It will add a focal point and something fun to your space.
4. Round up the jars and make a centerpiece on the table or add it to a (secure) ledge around the deck or garden to create ambiance. Plus if everything is lit by candles, you won't need to spend much time cleaning.
5. Mix and match some vessels under the kitchen sink and whatever you can find outside the apartment to create a simple little arrangement that isn't fussy or time consuming.
6. Big bunch of flowers. Right now Trader Joe's has sunflowers on sale for about $3.50 a bunch which means you can get three of 'em and make a nice big happy bouquet.
7. Buy a garland, it's easier than making one and you can reuse it over and over. It adds some zest and fun to a space without taking much time. We also love (love!) crepe paper and though it's a little time consuming, we love any excuse to add some. Plus we normally let it hang out for days afterwards!
Also don't forget that a clean house is always welcoming:
How To Fake A Clean House
Clean House For a Party