You've been around the world on assorted vacations, seen the states and all that they have to offer and you'd like your home to reflect these things without feeling like a safari. Here' are a few ways to incorporate your travels without going overboard:
1. Bedding: Bedding can be bright and bold without any fear of needing to tie it to the rest of your home. Go Moroccan, American Southwest, or even Scandinavian to reflect your favorite getaways.
2. Textures: Love palm trees or the tall lengths of bamboo you snapped pictures of on your last trip? Try adding them into your home as picture frames, mirror surrounds, or small accent pieces. It's a great way to add a little flair without adding large amounts of color that can detract from the rest of your look.
3. Throw Pillows: These are often the fall back for adding style and this is no different. Pillows can be as crazy as you want, just layer them in with more subtle pieces that match the rest of your decor a little more and tie the colors together. A bit of flare in a tame space, perfect!
4. Outdoors: Your outdoor space is a great place to make feel a little different than the rest of your home. Large potted plants, bold colors, prints, designs, and likewise rustic beachy furniture are a great way to bring back memories. Besides, who doesn't want an excuse for an awesome hammock?
5. Put It In Glass: Frames, apothecary jars, bell jars, cake stands, terrariums, you name it, everything looks better in glass. You can contain your entire vacation in one small space without it spilling into the rest of your home. Try photos, branches, simple pieces of ribbon or fabric, even sand or sea glass that remind you of your last trip with the family.
How do you incorporate your vacation into your home? Share your thoughts in the comments below!