• Change the hardware on your kitchen cabinets, or if you're more daring- take off the doors and leave them open.
• Buy a new shower curtain. Bathrooms are so small that just a bright new shower curtain has a huge impact. You'll smile every time you walk into the room.
• Add lamps and don't use overhead lighting if it's already there. Consider adding mirrors (our favorites are the ones that look like windows) in just the right places.
• Add plants. Even just a few low-maintenance plants on a table make it feel more like a "home." We're planning on adding a few succulents to our plant table.
• Paint your chairs. Even if you just buy cheap IKEA chairs, you can personalize them by painting them one or a variety of colors.