Though it may not seem like it here in San Francisco, where we've had a run of strangely warm weather, November marks the transition into winter, and we should soon be in for cool nights and rain. The cozy texture of felted wool is perfect for this time of year, so we rounded up a few felting projects, fun for the (surely!) imminent rainy days...
Pictured, from left to right:
• Three needle-felting techniques went into making the pretty patterns on these pillows from Martha Stewart.
• Craftster user subloke posted this felted stone rug, which looks like it would be a dream to walk on. It reminds us of super-expensive rugs by the likes of Nanimarquina.
• Another Martha project... her felted stone paperweights would make great holiday gifts. We love the way they complement the naturalistic elements in this little desk set-up.
• Felted drink "coozies" would make a cute party favor for a wintry outdoor party around a fire pit. From Instructables.
• This graphic felted blanket is made from recycled sweaters from Goodwill. Blackbirdsf has a great, detailed how-to.
(Images: Martha Stewart; Craftster; Martha Stewart; Instructables; Blackbirdsf)