Think garlands are just for the holidays? Think again. When you think beyond needle pine and pip berries, garlands can add a festive flair to summer parties and backyard weddings, or even work around the clock as part of a quirky home's decor. You don't have to commit right away — make one of these DIY garlands at home and see how it feels to string up some fun style.
If stringing up garland at home isn't your thing, these craft projects can also be used to decorate gifts. Just make a strand, then wrap it around your gift several times like this example from Paper Source. Have any other clever uses for decorative garlands?
- Triangle Banner, Dear Lizzy
- Tissue Paper Tassle Garland, Ruffled
- Felt Ball Garland, Apartment Therapy
- Instagram Photo Garland, Homemade Ginger
- Yarn Garland, Green Wedding Shoes