There’s something so decadent and glamorous about a freestanding bath. Somehow, more than your standard built-in bath, they evoke images of bubbles and limbs dangling over the sides. Plus, they allow for versatility in bathroom design, where everything ordinarily (and necessarily) is shoved against the walls. We chose five of our favorite freestanding baths from LivingEtc to demonstrate the possibilities these beauties can afford…
• 1 Paint the outside of your freestanding bath to bring a pop of energizing color into the bathroom.
• 2 Situate your freestanding bath near a window to take advantage of a view. There are privacy issues here, perhaps, but that’s what bubbles are for!
• 3 If you’ve got a gigantic home and an adventurous spirit, try a freestanding bath in the bedroom. We stayed in a hotel once with an amazing bedroom bath, but not sure if we would want one in our home. Maybe if the bedroom were well set apart from the rest of the house…
• 4 In this bathroom, by putting the bath in the middle of the room instead of against the wall, the designers have created space to integrate an open shower as well.
• 5 Position a freestanding bath close to the door in a garden apartment, hang some botanical art, and feel as if you’re bathing in a springtime pond.
See more freestanding baths on LivingEtc.
Do you already have a freestanding bath at home? Maybe a wonderful old clawfoot? Please share!