Needlework has been absolutely everywhere for the past few years, from Sublime Stitching's popular kits to Jonathan Adler's pillows to creative wall art. Thankfully, this surge in popularity means that patterns have become pretty stylish. Here are 5 kits and patterns to stitch for your own abode or to make and give as holiday gifts.
Needlework looks just as wonderful displayed on bookshelves and small shelves as it does on walls. You can also choose a pillow sham to pop against an iconic chair like the Eames rocker.
1. A bluebird by Charley Harper flies across this kit from Treglown Designs. $52 at Purl Soho.
2. A classic Suzani pillow looks especially pretty in needlepoint. $52 at Modern Needlework's Etsy Store.
3. A hip, retro camera to hang in your living room. $5 at the Tiny Modernist Etsy Store.
4. Create your own Frank Lloyd Wright piece while supporting Fallingwater. $31 at the Fallingwater Museum Store.
5. A nice alternative to Keep Calm and Carry On. $12 for basic kit, $20 for Deluxe at Subversive Cross Stitch.
Images: As linked above.