Is there a kid's birthday party looming large on your calendar wall? A celebration in the making...while you feel a little more pooped than Pintrest-y? Never fear, here are five kids' party ideas that take very little time and effort, but still wind up being a whole lot of fun.
1. Ditch the face-paint in lieu of the temporary tattoo. If you are not particularly artistic, and feel a cold sweat break out at the thought of replicating a Rescue-Bot on some four-year-old's face, then why not go for tattoos instead? All you need is water and a sponge. Print your own, or buy them online.
2. Get the kids to do the cooking. You have to make party food anyway, right? So why not get the kids involved? Throw a "little chefs" party and have the kids top pizzas, decorate cookies or cakes, or even make fruit kebabs.
3. Pool party! ...in the plastic pool? Particularly easy if you already have one set up for the summer. If it's empty, consider filling it with something other than water! Here's a list of 10 plastic pool alternatives.
4. Pre-packaged crafts. You're a parent. Everyone understands if you're too busy or tired to cut out tiny squares of foam to make shimmering jewels for princess crowns. If you really want to do a craft with the kids, it may be worth it to you spend money instead of time and buy a craft pre-packaged and ready to go. (Try this one for your next princess party.)
5. Nature treasure hunt. Forget buying things and hiding them. Get nature to do the hiding for you. There are plenty of nature walk treasure hunt printables online (like this one) - print out a bunch and attach to brown paper bags for each little nature hunter.
Have a low-effort party idea of your own? Share it below!
(Image credits: Tattly)