It's getting to be that time again: time to plant your garden. We rounded up five fun garden kits for kids that help you do the planning but leave the dirty work, so to speak, up to your family.• Fairy Tale Garden Tin at Romp: Marry literature and science with the Fairy Tale Garden kits. You can grow your own beanstalk or your own "Princess Peas."
• Children's Garden Kit from Biophilia Designs on Etsy: Teach your kids about companion planting and permaculture with this "Three Sisters" kit that contains corn, beans and squash.
• Monitcello Children's Garden Kit from Monticello: More of a history buff? The kits from Monticello give you everything you need to grow a historic garden (in all senses of the word!). The packages are put together by Monticello's Education Department and the Thomas Jefferson Center for Historic Plants.
• Pizza Garden Kit by Growums: If you're interested in a theme garden, Growums has several to choose from. Besides the pizza garden, you can also grow taco, herb, stir-fry, salad or ratatouille gardens.
• Kids' Discovery Garden from Edible Gardens: A member of the SEED project to preserve biodiversity, this company's kits offer unusual heirloom varieties of seed, like stars and moon watermelon, dragon carrots and purple popcorn. Kits also include activities and educational information.
(Images: as credited above.)
MORE GARDENING ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• How To: Create an Elegant Garden Your Kids Will Love
• Elements Of A Child-Friendly Garden
• DIY Veggie Garden Sensory Box