- Cooking in their kitchen. It's roomier than our tiny kitchen and we're looking forward to spreading out bit and taking on some new cooking and baking projects.
- Television. We don't have a TV at home, but we're looking forward to vegging in front of theirs (in moderation). We're most excited about watching the Oscars.
- The kitties. They're precious members of our friends' family and they're warm and expressive. It's relaxing having them around, and we're looking forward to some quality time with them.
- The quiet. The house is on a residential side street that's a far cry from our downtown street's 24/7 activity. While the location's not nearly as convenient as our own place, we can deal for a month.
- "Test driving" a few of their home's design features. Namely, radiant floor heat in some rooms and cork tile flooring in the kitchen. We're interested in both of these elements and, after a month-long stay, we'll have a firm idea of whether we want to incorporate them into our own home in the future.
These things will make the job of house sitting as much a pleasant escape as a job. Do you have any house sitting experiences to share? Tell all in the comments section below. Drawings: Toothpaste for Dinner