It's birthday season at my house, and while planning the goody bags is one of my absolute favorite party jobs, every year it's a bit of a challenge to fill them with cute toys that aren't just plastic landfill fodder. It's a fun
challenge, mind you, but a challenge nonetheless. As always, Etsy comes to the rescue.Here are a few toys that caught my eye this season:
- Elephant crayons ($5 for a set of three) – Each of these adorable pachyderms is 3" in diameter. If you're not partial to elephants, this seller carries several other crayon shapes, or you can do a quick search on Etsy for more handmade molded crayons, shaped like everything from stars to Transformers.
- Handmade wooden tops ($3.50 each) – Who doesn't love a top? These gorgeous little spinners are guaranteed to provide plenty of entertainment for all ages.
- Wooden mini-vehicles ($12 for a set of 12) – I seriously love these little handmade vehicles, which range in size from 2-1/2 to 4-1/2 inches long. Kids can leave them as is, or paint or color them as a party activity.
- Mini crayon roll-up ($2.50) – Shown here in Blue Disco Dot pattern, the seller also makes these in other colors.
- Bitty balls ($8 for a set of 8) – Just the right size for a child's hand, these colorful felted balls are made of 100 percent wool with an organic wool batting core.
What are your go-to ideas for goody bags?