It's easy to forget that craft rooms, as much as the standard home office, are filled with technology. From sewing machines to power tools, the modern DIYer needs a whole slew of equipment to create their goods, not to mention computers, printers, and digital postage machines for those selling their wares on sites like Etsy. Here we roundup some of the best looking and well organized craft rooms.
- Über Organzied Craft Room with a Touch of Tech
- Photographer Jennifer Claire's San Francisco craft room sits within a repurposed closet.
- A small, unobtrusive flat screen helps make dull sewing tasks a bit more entertaining. "I made sure I'd be able to have enough space to display what I wanted to see and hide what I didn't," Mommy2malia told MarthaStewart.com.
- Wonderfully Complex's Modular Space. "The studio serves as both an office and a craft space. The table in the middle was a birthday present from my wonderful husband who snuck over to my dad's house and MADE THIS! Jason made it high enough so I could stand as I work (which I often like to do). But when I'm tired, I can sit on the stool (another gift I received on Valentine's Day - my man really knows how to win me over!)."
- A large, wheeled island, lets karcraft spread out her crafts, while a small folding table lets her put her sewing machine out of the way when not in use.