Yes, we know there is an app for that, but for those of us that still want to mail out traditional cards (with a geeky flair of course), there are plenty of awesome DIY options. In this roundup we've got something for every maker level, from those comfortable with sewing and soldering, to those who prefer for their computer to do most of the work, so grab your holiday cheer and start creating cards!
- Hackable Christmas Card: This nifty little card can live on as an ornament. Fun to make and fun to give. After all, who doesn't love a mini LED light show?
- iPhoto Letterpress Cards: Requiring the least amount of maker skills, a few clicks of iPhoto is all you need for these customized holiday cards.
- Christmas Circuit Card: With a little bit of sewing skills and some conductive thread, this cute little card is a cinch to make.
- Floppy Disk Card: We can envision a sort of "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree" theme happening with these adorable record player cards made out of old floppy disks.
- Holiday Quiz Card: This DIY requires more programming skills then we have, but we think the idea is pretty neat, a quiz programmed on an SD card built into an innocuous holiday card.
(Images: Instructables member Ian licensed for use under Creative Commons, Sonia Zjawinski, Instructables member Plusea licensed for use under Creative Commons, Wendy of Build/Make/Craft/Bake, and Instructables member Angryfeet licensed for use under Creative Commons)