It came as no surprise that James and Julie's
lovely gray tiled bathroom was the cause of much oohing and aahing in the comments of their house tour
. Inspired, we went looking for more gray bathrooms
, each in a slightly different vein.• 1
The gray Heath tile in James and Julie's bathroom
has a lovely blue cast that makes a nice frame for the garden window. Gray tile with a white wall feels elegant and classic, but not boring.
• 2 A super-soft dove gray paint, matched with white accessories and gauzy curtains, creates an airy, calming space. Photo from This Old House.
• 3 The gray paint in this bathroom from Country Living veers toward taupe. We love how it extends to the ceiling, creating a cozy feel, and the warm golden floor brings out the warmth in the gray. A lush green plant also adds a beautiful vibrant pop.
• 4 Gray marble extending up a bathroom wall feels a bit more modern and austere, but also luxurious. Love the floating vanity and the red-tinged mosaic border in the shower. From Style at Home.
• 5 Moroccan tile can sometimes feel a bit flashy or overbearing in bright color, but this gray decorative tile is chic and exotic. Love it paired with the putty-colored paint. From I Suwannee.
Thinking you might try this bathroom color at home? Here's some more gray bathroom inspiration from our archives:
• Gray Bathrooms
• A Green and Gray Moroccan Dream Bathroom
• Modern Silver and Gray Bathrooms
(Images: As linked above)