Recently, we had the opportunity to attend an event put on by Cloud9, a Control4 platinum dealer, and it was during this event that we spotted some great tips on how to hide your TV. As much as you might love your technology, there are times when you don't want that HDTV to be front and center. So it is with this in mind that we pass on these 5 ways to hide your TV.
These tips and images are courtesy of Fernando Zorrilla of Cloud9:
1) Under the Bed: To hide your TV under your bed you will need at least 7 inches under the bed and 4 feet in front of the bed for clearance, this means this is not the right solution for platform beds or tiny bedrooms.
2) Mirror TV: This solution is very popular in bathrooms, when it is off it looks like a plain ordinary mirror, and when on, a TV! As far as this technology has come in recent years, this is not the ideal way to go if you want to get the best possible resolution.
3) Art Frame: The art frame option works by putting the painting/art on tracks that slide away to reveal the TV. Previously, due to the size of TVs this option would only work above fireplaces, but now thanks to thinner TVs they can be installed pretty much anywhere.
4) The Drop: A very popular option for kitchens, the drop method drops the TV from the ceiling.
5) The Lift: This solution lifts the TV from a piece of furniture. In the past the lift system was done via something that looked like a mini elevator and it took up quite a bit of space. Now thanks to the thinner and lighter TV models the elevator system has been replaced with a smaller and sleeker mechanism.
No HDTV? Try the project and screen combination and hide the screen in a shelf for the ultimate in hidden screens!
What are some creative ways you've seen to hide a TV?
(Images courtesy of Cloud9)