Since green reminds people of the great outdoors, it's often renowned for its soothing properties. This means it's both a lovely choice for the kitchen and a potentially helpful one — after all, it might refresh you when you're rushing to get dinner ready.As these kitchens from around Apartment Therapy show, there are a variety of ways to incorporate green into your kitchen, from stains to cabinets. Even adding a few tiles can make a big difference, giving your kitchen an unexpected pop of color.
1. In Cissy and Richard's Relaxed Green Kitchen, apple green stain creates a great balance between modern and rustic style.
2. The green in Suki's Gem on The Hill kitchen pops thanks to colorful art and string lights.
3. Lime colored walls look fresh against a black-and-white tiled floor in Mandy & Michael's Crafty Charm House Tour.
4. White cabinets look pretty against a bright green wall in Sarah & Chad's Long Distance School of Style House Tour.
5. Kelly's sleek green cabinets garnered many compliments in her Small, Cool Kitchens 2011 entry
Images: As credited in individual tours.