Shower curtains and especially shower liners can be a toxic piece of house décor. That smell when opening a fresh shower liner's package serves as a reminder of the harmful gasses it will be releasing for months. Organic cotton, bamboo, as well as linen make excellent shower curtains. Hemp, while making a quality shower curtain, is a good choice of textile for shower liners as it's naturally resistant to mold and bacteria while being quick drying. Here are 5 choices for a more sustainable shower.
Shown above the jump, from left to right:
- Linen Shower Curtain ($58 at Gaiam): a pesticide-free linen shower curtain.
- Skiff Strip Organic Shower Curtain ($59 at Pottery Barn): a more colorful choice of 100% organic cotton shower curtain.
- Organic Cotton & Linen Shower Curtain ($95.95 at Turning Life): a 75% organic unbleached cotton and 25% linen.
- Hemp Shower Curtains($99 from Solay Wellness Inc.): 100% pesticide-free Romanian hemp shower curtain or liner.
- Organic Hemp Shower Curtain ($92 from Compostable Goods): a fair trade, organic, and vegan hemp shower curtain or liner.