Although you probably have new or homemade gifts in mind for your kids, you never know what bargains you'll find on Craigslist. Items might need a little elbow grease, but here are five things you can almost always find on your local Craigslist that could make terrific gifts.
1. Old Trunks: Sometimes people just want them out of their house and sometimes they might want a few dollars for them. With a little clean up and some safety hinges, trunks can be great for holding toys, dress up clothes or massive Lego collections.
2. Sports Equipment: Even though sports gear takes some of the roughest beatings around, there are often some seriously amazing deals on items like ping pong tables, golf clubs or punching bags. Search for them by name as they're not always in the sports section.
3. Bookshelves: As your kids grow, so do their book collections. Although solid wood bookshelves can be expensive to buy brand new, you can almost always find some on Craigslist - attach a note saying "they don't make them like this anymore!"
4. Craft Supplies: If you have a crafter or artist in your family, Craigslist is a great resource. Quite often adults will decide they want to do a craft and then abandon the idea and sell the supplies for pennies on the dollar. Even if you pick up bits here and there, they can come together to make one amazing basket full of supplies ready to be used all year long.
5. Bikes: There are a ridiculous amount of bikes all across the world on Craigslist. Some need more work than others, but you might fine one that just needs a new coat of paint, a tune up or new pedals.
What items have you found on Craigslist that have made perfect gifts? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
(Image: Kansas City Craigslist)