With the beautiful spring weather here in Chicago, it's hard to think of a reason to stay indoors. In case your home needs work, but you've got the urge to spend some time in the sun, we've rounded up a few ideas for home-related projects you can enjoy outside...
- Gardening: If you have a deck or a backyard, enjoy the good weather and start setting up your outdoor space for all the get-togethers you plan on having this summer. If you don't have an outdoor room, don't worry. You can still have fun shopping for plants for your indoor garden.
- Flea Market Shopping: Look for the perfect piece at a local flea market or take a day trip to a place where you can hunt for vintage treasure.
- Entertaining: Having an outdoor party is a great way to kick off barbecue season. It will also force you to clean up and organize your indoor space for your guests.
- Cooking: Outdoor dining is one of favorite things about summer. If you have a grill, use it to start cooking summer fare - the Kitchn has some great recipes for grilling.
- Restoring Furniture: When you're painting, staining or repairing a piece of furniture, it's usually best to do it outdoors, avoiding the messes and hazards of indoor furniture restoration. (This is especially important if you're working with paints or stains that off-gas.) For a few furniture makeover ideas, click here.