Architectural Digest always features formal, luxurious homes from sprawling estates to spacious penthouses. But some of the ideas presented in these posh homes can translate to even small apartments:
- Desk behind the sofa Paired with a bench, this desk against the back of the couch invites sliding right in for a little work or reading. It could even double for dining.
- Daybed in the living room Any of us who have lived in a studio can appreciate this: A daybed is a great way to meld your sleeping area into one-room-living.
- Matching cabinets and walls Paint walls and kitchen cabinetry in all one color. This is a great way to incorporate a kitchen that's part of the main living space and allows use of a bold color without drawing too much attention to the kitchen.
- Deep monochrome color A dark, all-one-color scheme can feel lush and relaxing. Forget trying to make the room seem bigger and embrace the coziness. Of course, it doesn't hurt of the room has a killer view of the Eiffel Tower!
- Skinny coffee table A narrow coffee table does the job of providing a little horizontal surface in the center of the living area without taking up a big footprint.