These Ikea hacks run the gamut from simple upgrades to complete rehauls, but they're all inventive, with amazing results. If you're looking for a new project and are ready to move on from the allen wrench, check these out.
1. Annie Cournoyer wanted a simple, chic, not-too-modern cabinet for her main bathroom. She chose Ikea's Godmorgon cabinet with two drawers but, since IKEA doesn't offer a single sink option, she created her own out of warm wood.
2. This shelving unit, from the minds of Elia Maurizi and Francesco Pepa, uses Ekby series and some paint. It also is "on trend" with natural wood paired with bright paint.
3. Jenny featured this transformation of a RAST dresser into a floral, fun chest. This is on the easier end of the scale, with a coat of paint and new brass hardware.
4. This library unit from Atelier 4/5 uses all the original pieces from the Tarva dresser, and requires no cutting. Love the name too.
5. IKEA Hackers shared this rustic, sliding door media cabinet made from an Expedit.
(Images: as linked above)
Re-edited from a post originally published 4.23.13 - JL
ATVideo of the Day