Although parties in general don't appear to cost a great deal on the surface, you can quickly $5 yourself to death. Try saving a few pennies with these options for table covers that you very well might already have in your own home!
1. Sheets/Blankets: Sheets and blankets are the easiest place to start looking for inexpensive table coverings. Most homes have a set for every bed in the house and swiping something colorful, or even just white is an easy fix that doesn't cost a cent.
2. Ribbon: You can run ribbon down a table like a traditional table runner or go across the table and place 3-4 pieces under each place setting creating horizontal stripes. It's simple and can even use up leftover pieces in your craft stash that need a purpose!
3. Brown Paper: My house hasn't been without a roll of brown paper in at least a decade. It wraps presents, covers tables, makes quick photo back drops and catches paint drips. Draw on placemats, kid's names and more. It's the end-all creative and picturesque look.
4. Curtains: Yes, we know it took you a million years to figure out which curtains you wants for each room but they are usually pretty and patterned or just a solid bright color. No matter how you look at it, they'll make a great table cover and if you're worried, hit up the fabric store and buy thin plastic off the roll for just a few bucks to go over the top! (PS, Shower curtains work well too!)
5. Patchwork Construction Paper: If you have kids, chances are you have construction paper hanging around. Lay them all out on the table, tape the seams and then flip everything over. Just like that you have a custom and fun table covering that kids can even draw on!
Check out a few more suggestions from the folks over at The Kitchn — they suggest scarves! Do you have any ideas to add to the list? Let us know below!