If you've ever lamented the fact that you wish you could grow your own herbs, greens and yes, even tomatoes, lament no longer. We've rounded up a handful of nifty little kitchen gardens that prove all you need is a sunny patch and a windowsill (and sometimes not even the windowsill) to get growing.
Forget expensive planters and pots and elaborate "indoor gardening systems". Really, all you need are some containers (repurposed is cool!) and someplace to put them, as these five gardens show.
From left to right:
- Inspiration: Windowsill Garden
- Flickr Find: Anna's Small Space Kitchen Garden
- The Indoor Vegetable Garden
- My Great Outdoors: A Window Box Vegetable Garden
- Kitchen Storage from a Swedish Apartment
(Images: As cited in the original posts above)