With two young boys, every fall is a flurry of Halloween and Thanksgiving celebrations. I've always wanted to throw a Halloween party, but with several of my friends hosting yearly celebrations for ages, I think my own party might get lost in the shuffle. I love autumn, though, and would really like to have my own party. So I started doing some research and discovered some less common fall party themes that are kid-friendly and inspiring. Now, if I could only decide which one to throw…
1. Apple Picking Party by Bee and Daisy featured on Sweet Designs blog: If you don't want to take a group to the orchard, you can still host a fantastic apple-themed party in your own backyard.
2. Fall Gnome Party at Tikkido: A sweet and unusual idea for a fall party. Inspired by the classic Gnomes by Wil Huygen, Nicole created this themed party for a 4-year-old birthday, but you could use it as an incredible autumn theme. Check out her pictures and be inspired by all the details she put into this event.
3. Harvest Party at Bird's Party Blog: Perfect for adults and kids alike, this party is a chance to celebrate the flavors of fall without the baggage of traditional Thanksgiving fare.
4. Fall Football Party at The Party Dress: Got a game your friends might be interested in? Host a football party with games for the kids and the big game for the adults. For us, it's going to be the UCLA/USC game this weekend. Go Bruins! (Note: The editors do not endorse the team allegiance of this writer.)
5. Owl Camping Party at Living Locurto: Build a campfire and set up the S'mores station, and you are good to go.
Happy autumn, everyone. Let's celebrate!
(Images: as linked above)
MORE AUTUMN PARTIES ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Thinking Outside the Gourd: Alternative Autumn Tables
• Throw a Pumpkin-Themed Dinner Party
• An Inspiring Owl & Raccoon Fall Party