Am I the only one who finds herself looking for stocking stuffers at 8pm on Christmas Eve? This year I decided to get a jump on the action with five fantastic ideas for inexpensive stuffers.
• Mini Automoblox, $10.00 at Fat Brain Toys. These sleek, modern-looking cars made out of wood come apart into several large pieces. All their parts are interchangeable with other models of autos, so you can mix your sport utility back end with your convertible front and add wheels from your heather blue sedan.
• Mini Etch-A-Sketch, $9.00 at Pottery Barn Kids. Mini is a theme here, but this version of the iconic drawing toy will certainly fit easily in a stocking.
• Gnome Finger Puppet, $5.00 on Etsy. This adorable felt finger puppet sports an absurdly cute purple wizard hat. Look around this Etsy shop for more puppets in the same vein, including a sasquatch, a yeti, an octopus or a triceratops.
• Stencilsaurus Set, $9.95 at Land of Nod. These stencils and pens allow your kids to create their own dinosaurs. Mix and match heads, tails, and other dino parts for endless combinations.
• Ocarina Flute, $9.98 at Magic Cabin. For the musician in your kid, try this ceramic wind instrument said to have been invented nearly 12,000 years ago. You can choose from an owl- or a turtle-shaped instrument, and you'll get two song sheets included.
Do you have any great ideas for stocking stuffers? Share them with us in the comments!